“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Q: How did you come to Digital Storyteller?
A: I have known Andrew and Amanda ever since I moved my family back from Israel 5 years ago. We have worked together and sat on boards with each other off and on over the years. Having the opportunity to join them at Digital Storyteller to assist with all people and culture operations is a dream come true.
Q: What’s one thing most people don’t know about your education or upbringing?
A: Growing up in Eugene, Oregon, we never, ever, ever locked the front door…. Also, my undergraduate degrees (yes, I have two of them) are in Aviation Management and Flight Technology. As a licensed commercial pilot, flying airplanes is one of my passions.
Q: What are your 3 favorite books/ podcasts?
1. Illusions: the adventures of a reluctant messiah – by Richard Bach
2. Good to Great: Why some companies make the leap and others Don’t. – by Jim Collins
3. Emotional Intelligence: why it can matter more than IQ – By Daniel Goleman
1. Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard
2. Life is Short with Justin Long
3. The Ralph Report with Ralph Garmin
Q: If you were to look back from the age of 80 and tell yourself anything, what would it be?
A: Take more time off, work will always be waiting for you, enjoy your time with the family.